11 February 2006

The State of the Union

"I'm tired of living alone,
and I'm hoping that it shows
all over, it's all over, and so it goes..."
-Hey Mercedes, "Stay Six"

Again, congrats to Brandão and Mel for the new arrival.

I would like to open a smallish discussion concerning the new directions of 3.5 and Happy Pirates, changes which we face imminently at the close of Winter Semester 2006.

It was mentioned by Keith that the end of Fall '05 was "the end of an era". I wouldn't quite say that it was the sudden and abrupt termination of a clearly defined one, but I would agree. One by one, most of the original members filed out, and by the end of Fall, most of the second generation had left too. (Keith and Leaps just keep hanging on.) We're now moving into a third-generation-run system, as Felipe and I are moving in somewhere, but not Miller. And the rumor is that Keith might have an internship.

Happy Pirates has always been run by 3.5ians, through three captaincies, and the core of buccaneers has always included members of the apartment. I hear the Meservys (Meservies?) are staying, and that's good to hear. I urge whoever is left in charge of the Miller Happy Pirates to continue the tradition -- I hear this semester has been very good for Piracy. As for us who leave, well, I plan on trying to start the buckling of swashes in the new location.

As far as 3.5, I would also like to encourage the continuance of Apartment Meeting: the drama, the irresponsibility, the goofiness. Maybe you should let a girl attend sometime. Certainly, there will need to be new leadership, but I trust whoever it is (my vote doesn't count, but I vote for Matty) will make it great.

And if any of you have Gmail and see any of the old boys online, e-kick them and tell them to keep us current. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brando said...

Ben, what's your e-mail address? For some strange reason, I don't have it in my address book!

My word is wmxlugum, as in Madeline's first word?

19:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home